About this site
About The author
RCT&HS Ex-Reading GP-30 5513
Specifications of 5513
- LENGTH 56'2"
- WHEEL DIAMETER 40"
- WEIGHT ON DRIVING WHEELS 253,500 lbs.
- TOTAL WEIGHT 253,500 lbs.
- FACTOR OF ADHESION 25%
- CONTINUOUS RATING TRACTIVE EFFORT 48,500 lbs. @ 12 m.p.h.
- MAX. PERMISSIBLE SPEED 71 m.p.h.
- ENGINE G.M. 567D3 2250 H.P. Two Cycle V-Type
Chronological History of 5513
(un = date unavailable)
- 1962 April 12: Purchased from the Electro-motive division of General Electric at the cost of $200,000. It was the first GP-30 delivered to any railroad. It was the first of Reading's initial order of 20 GP-30s.
- 1987 (un): Acquired by The Reading Company Technical & Historical Society from Conrail. It was restored by RCT&HS to it's original Reading Green and Yellow.
- 1989 March: Joined Historic EMD Locomotives at LaGrange, IL, for anniversary of Electro-motive Division.
- 1989+: Ran excursions on Conrail, Reading, Blue Mountain & Northern, and Blue Mountain & Reading.
- Currently: Out of service due to damaged turbo-charger.
Sign my Guestbook -
- View my Guestbook